ViXS Systems Inc. is a leading provider of smart network multimedia processor solutions that enable a rich video entertainment experience. The goal of our technologies is to enable seamless multimedia control, conversion and connectivity between all classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices. Our products are used to enable multiple applications within consumer electronics and network infrastructure devices, such as set-top devices, digital televisions (DTVs), Blu-ray players, digital video recorders (DVRs), personal video recorders (PVRs), multimedia personal computers (PCs), network attached storage (NAS), wireless access devices, media gateways and network infrastructure systems.
Our solutions are comprised of semiconductors and related software that allow consumers to take video content from a wide variety of devices and view it in high quality on a wide variety of displays. We achieve this by capitalizing on our core competencies in high-performance digital, analog and mixed signal integrated circuit (IC) design and software design, as well as our ability to combine these competencies from concept to product launch.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America, ViXS has filed more than 240 patents worldwide with over 70 patents being issued to date.
Position: Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Toronto, Canada
We are actively seeking a talented hardware design engineer with leadership skills that can develop the new hardware platform needed as part of our verification process. It is desirable if the qualified candidate is also knowledgeable in writing Verilog code for fpgas.
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with 7-10 years of experience in digital hardware design
- In-depth knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Strong experience in board design using OrCAD or similar tools
- Solid understanding of PCB layouts and tradeoffs for performance and size
- Comfortable with analog/digital scopes
- Experience in Verilog coding and fpga implementation and design flow from Verilog to bitfiles is a major plus