Junior Application Engineer
ViXS Systems Inc. is a leading provider of smart network multimedia processor solutions that enable a rich video entertainment experience. The goal of our technologies is to enable seamless multimedia control, conversion and connectivity between all classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices. Our products are used to enable multiple applications within consumer electronics and network infrastructure devices, such as set-top devices, digital televisions (DTVs), Blu-ray players, digital video recorders (DVRs), personal video recorders (PVRs), multimedia personal computers (PCs), network attached storage (NAS), wireless access devices, media gateways and network infrastructure systems.
Our solutions are comprised of semiconductors and related software that allow consumers to take video content from a wide variety of devices and view it in high quality on a wide variety of displays. We achieve this by capitalizing on our core competencies in high-performance digital, analog and mixed signal integrated circuit (IC) design and software design, as well as our ability to combine these competencies from concept to product launch.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America, ViXS has filed more than 240 patents worldwide with over 70 patents being issued to date.
If your interest is cutting-edge video algorithms and implementation and you want to see your invention implemented in silicon, you will find ViXS a fantastic environment.
Working in a team of video algorithms and implementation experts, you will build next generation innovative video ASICs from the algorithm up.
- Technical support for all ViXS platforms used internally and to customers
- Identify, analyze and report bug reports, and help provide resolution or alternatives in a timely manner.
- Setup of experiments, tests, equipment for Hardware and Software as well as help organizing cross-function test forces as required.
- Focus on satisfaction, quality and timeliness of Application Engineering deliverables.
- C/C++ development experience
- Experience with Linux, embedded as well as Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with Video and Audio technologies will be an asset
- Development experience with various host-based and embedded OS's will be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self directed / enthusiastic team player with a strong motivation to succeed
- Experience in the semiconductor or the electronics industry would be asset
- Comfortable working hands-on in a lab environment with electronic test equipment and procedures
- Strong communication skill, problem solver and organized
Please Identify if you are applying for the Co-op or New Grad positions and include your resume and transcript.Email to: email@example.com