ViXS Systems Inc. is a leading provider of smart network multimedia processor solutions that enable a rich video entertainment experience. The goal of our technologies is to enable seamless multimedia control, conversion and connectivity between all classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices. Our products are used to enable multiple applications within consumer electronics and network infrastructure devices, such as set-top devices, digital televisions (DTVs), Blu-ray players, digital video recorders (DVRs), personal video recorders (PVRs), multimedia personal computers (PCs), network attached storage (NAS), wireless access devices, media gateways and network infrastructure systems.
Our solutions are comprised of semiconductors and related software that allow consumers to take video content from a wide variety of devices and view it in high quality on a wide variety of displays. We achieve this by capitalizing on our core competencies in high-performance digital, analog and mixed signal integrated circuit (IC) design and software design, as well as our ability to combine these competencies from concept to product launch.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America, ViXS has filed more than 240 patents worldwide with over 70 patents being issued to date.
Position: Network Protocol Engineer
Location: Toronto, Canada
The role is to develop network protocols and network applications for our embedded network devices. As a team member, the successful candidate will be a quick learner and have direct experience in L2/L3 networking protocols and strong e C/C++ programming skills.
- A related degree in Computing and Engineering
- 5+ years of software design and development experience with 3+ years of experience in networking protocols and development
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and direct experience in implementing L2/L3 switching, bridging and packet processing protocols, including Ethernet, IEEE 802.x and IGMP.
- Development experience in at least one of the networking applications including DHCP, FTP/TFTP, SNMP, HTTP and SOAP.
- Strong software development skills including,
- Real time operating systems (VxWorks, QNX, embedded Linux or similar)
- Embedded C/C++
- Agile software development and debugging practices
- Previous experience and knowledge in wireless and wired L2 MAC layer (IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11, 3G/WiMAX/LTE, DOCSIS, MoCA ) are highly valuable
- Develop networking protocols and embedded network applications
- Integrate third-party network protocol stack and network applications
- Optimize protocol stack for performance and memory footprint
- Create design document and test plans for own work
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.