ViXS Systems Inc. is a leading provider of smart network multimedia processor solutions that enable a rich video entertainment experience. Our professional solutions are comprised of semiconductor devices and related software, that enable equipment manufacturers to encode or transcode video at extremely high quality for a variety of network applications including contribution encoders, distribution encoders, distribution transcoders, and transcryptors extending from the source right to the edge of the network.
We capitalize on our core competencies in high performance digital, analog and mixed signal integrated circuit (IC) design and software design, and our ability to combine these from concept to product launch. Our consumer line of products are used in multiple applications within the consumer electronics and personal computing markets, such as set-top boxes, digital televisions (DTV), Blu-ray players, home gateways and personal computers (PC). Our technologies enable seamless multimedia control, conversion and connectivity between all classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices. With our highly integrated architecture and customizable software, our System-on-Chips (SoCs) offer performance and processing solutions that are designed to reduce cost and product development cycles for all our customers.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America, ViXS has filed more than 250 patents worldwide with over 60 patents being issued to date.
Position: Video Software Architect, Embedded Systems
Location: Toronto, Canada
The successful candidate will lead a software team responsible for the design, development, and testing of firmware for embedded video/audio processing subsystems. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth experience in embedded software development using C and Assembly, and in project management. Aside from having the ability to enhance and modify real time operations systems, this individual will design, implement, and maintain various conditional access/video/audio/system layer industry standard algorithms. A minimum of 10 years experience in software development using C and assembly will be required.
Required Skill Sets:
- In depth understanding of real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Must be proficient in programming C and assembly.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of various conditional access/video/audio codec and system layer algorithm
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of various video broadcast standards ( ATSC, DVB , NTSC, PAL)
- Experience with various embedded processor architectures
- DSP/SIMD programming experience will be beneficial.
- Required to manage a team of software engineers
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in CS/EE
- Over 10 years of embedded system software development
- 2+ years of project management
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and quote “Video Software Architect” on the subject line.